No, this is not about me, although it could be. I never said I wasn't difficult, but there are some who trump me in that category. Long story short: a wonderful painter who doesn't want her paintings back. (I got them from another artist friend with whom she had swapped her paintings for the other artist's ceramic pieces.) She told me to just throw them out, as she no longer had the ceramic pieces, either. However, the paintings are beautiful, and I am going to disobey her instructions. I'll keep them on my walls.
Here, btw, is a young artist whose output has received great honor in his milieu: Jack, my second-oldest great-grandson, aged 11 months and a few days. I love his sweet innocence as he attacks his task.

Definite talent!
ReplyDeleteA freind of mine was married to an artist, who is rather well known, who had a schizophrenic episode and slashed and ruined all this paintings with a razor blade. His parents said it was all her fault that he went mad. Which was kind of like those parents in Fear of Flying who blame the heroine because their son has a psychotic break.
Anyway, this artist went on to become a well-know photorealist artist. He really was very talented. I never found out what happened to her, but I'm sure she did well, because she was tough and brave.
I'm guess that you will also prize Jack's work, eh? Good for you!
ReplyDeleteCop Car
Hattie and Cop Car: Yes, I will especially love it because it appear he has a hard time knowing which end of the crayon is the business end!. I remember being scolded by my specially funded elementary school ART teacher (she taught art to everyone from grades 1through 8). Anyway, she grabbed my skinny little shoulder with her spikey painted nails and hissed "There is NO SUCH THING as a purple cat!!!" Sorry, Miss Whatever (name changed to protect her guilt), there IS one, and it's right here on my paper!! It was lovely, too.
ReplyDeleteThat's gran's boy, that Jack!!
ReplyDeleteJack is darling--and who is to say that HIS way with the crayon is not the bettter... This Artist-at-Work grouping is admirable, another time when your skill with this blogging stuff makes me wish I could do that. Because we know envy is not allowed.
ReplyDelete"your skill with this blogging stuff"....is to laugh! Naomi, the skill lies further down the production line. Jack's mother does this herself and forwards it to me. I copy and paste, and sometimes it works!! And yes, you can use both ends of the crayon, depending on what kind of line you want to make. Fortunately, Jack's mum is a school teacher, and she gives him access to the materials, shows him how they work, then stands back and lets him fly.
ReplyDelete