Friday, December 20, 2013

cooking for self

ok, i know I have been supposed to check out eggplant and its nutritional qualities.  Well after that chicken post, I am ready for eggplant!  it has a lot of fiber!!  yay.  So I got one tonight, sliced it nicely, made a batch of breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese (from the green can, you know....not anything fancy).  dipped the slices in beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb cheese mixture, then FRIED it on both sides.  then stacked it in a baking pan with cheese slices between the eggplants.  and BAKED it.
actually pretty good, though I should have made some tomato sauce, too.  Anyway, it could have used a few capers, too, to liven it up.  I am full to the gills, and will eat the rest tomorrow.  But I feel pretty good about this.  I made something mostly vegetarian (no meat).  And it was cute....not bad-looking.  no chickens or little pigs or anything died for my supper tonight.  yay!  merry christmas to all!!

tonight is the full moon, and I am wishing on a number of stars to win a prize in a lottery.  see see...

big hugs and kisses!! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the lottery! Here's eggplant recipe similar to your but NOT fried. Yah, tomato-type sauce helps.

    So pleased that you keep on blogging--politics, food, grandma stuff. We are a small cohort, including Hattie. By the way, I think the chicken business is over the top but then I never buy in packages. Stuff here is very fresh, maybe we're spoiled in Portland. (Could that last be a title of something?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely comment, naomi! It's warmed the cockles of my heart all day! "A small cohort"...yes!! So honored to be included. That eggplant casserole (fried and baked) has fed me for FOUR days!! "SpoiLed in Portland" an excellent title. Write about it! Your creative juices are aboil!!

      Delete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.