Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MAW has her troubles...

Spring 2010....eventful, hot, rainy here.  I am trying to get back into drawing the cartoons that occupy my thoughts.  BUT, seeing as I am not a professional  cartoonist, I'm having troubles that only a rank amateur would have--and this apart
from the actual DRAWING.  

F'r instance, I have LOST the memory card for my all-in-one printer-fax-scanner.  Even if I wanted to scan something, where could it go? 

Thus, after drawing the cartoon, and not being able to scan it, I decided to take a picture of it with my cell phone and forward that to myself.  I doubt that any pro cartoonist has to resort to this kind of thing just to get something published.

But I am just a beginner at this.  Malcolm Gladwell in OUTLIERS states that to become really good at anything--drawing, skating, pitching baseball, whatever--requires no less than 10,000 hours of practice. That's about 10 years' worth if you practice 2-3 hours a day. I don't think I practice ANYTHING for 2-3 hours every single day, unless you count eating.  I'm VERY good at that.  

It seemed, also, that Blogger itself was going quietly nuts.  Things were no longer what they seemed to be even last month.  Wot???  I figured this out, though.  If I use Firefox, everything--how to add new blogs or a new photo (as in my Garden Watch)--is OK.  If I use Google Chrome, it's way strange.

What, indeed, in MAW's universe has not been strange this spring?






5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 AM

    GO, Chicken! Woo hoo! Love, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAW redux...delightful. Intrigued by your problem-solving which results in a unique look for the cartoons. Also you appear to change the entire style of your post: snazzy and tidy.

    Not crazy about my scanner 3-in-one either. Less complex in olden day when a separate unit. Sigh.

    Anyway, I think it's hilarious to think about ten years ahead at our age! Take mine in smaller dose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H: Thanks!!

    LRH: 10 years ahead...haw! be fun to do one of those memes: technology over our life spans at 10 year intervals. Hmmm....Did they even HAVE technology when we hove onto the scene? Let's try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Goooooo MAW and Hen Pink. I'm comforted at the thought that u might turn up when I'm in a pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: MAW will be happy to teach you how to sign your name--or Hen Pink will show you how to write it in the dirt....

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.