I posted the video of Lakshmi Pratury's TedTalk because of what she said about writing letters by hand. But then I got curious about her. Why was she a participant at the annual TED gathering? Not just because her father wrote her letters!
Pratury is an MBA who spreads her talents among profit enterprises, venture capital, and nonprofit organizations. She is a leading force in the American India Foundation and founder of Tamarind Grove and the Digital Equalizer program, which brought technology education to more than 80,000 schoolchildren and 2,000 teachers in India.
I love what she says at the end of her page on Invincibelle: "If you haven't been rejected three times, then you're not trying hard enough." In the 40+ years when I was deaf, I came to know the wisdom of that intimately.
That was beautiful. Her ideas about a legacy of value and personal touch are so right on. Love, H
ReplyDeletei really liked this woman's energy and enthusiasm for doing good. TED is a treasure trove of ideas that are right on...thanks for visiting! xo
ReplyDelete