OG said, "I hate bourbon. What about scotch?"
I knew of no medicinal drinks using scotch, but I said there must be something somewhere that uses lemon juice and scotch in the same drink. After a bit of googling, I found one on the following website:
http://www.easy-mixed-drinks.com/index.php/archives/category/mx/number/feed/
Here's the drink...I can't figure out from the website wot it's called (2nd Wester??) It sounds like it could be pretty lethal to microbes. I don't know who Josh Morgan and the boys are, but they must be wholesome young men.
12.0 oz Cola
3.0 Ice (three ice cubes?)
1.0 Lemon
2.0 Lime
4.0 oz Scotch
Directions:
Get a Mason Jar
Add Ice, Cola, Scotch
Squeeze Lemon Slice into drink and then drop into drink
Repeat with Limes
Cap Mason Jar
Shake and Enjoy
Courtesy of Josh Morgan and the Boys in 236 West
actually, this would be a very BIG drink! 12 oz of coke, 4 oz of scotch, and the juice of 1 lemon and 2 limes. plus ice. i hope you have a mason jar over there....
ReplyDeletexo, ma
Sounds wholesome (and generous) indeed!
ReplyDeleteMy dad is a great believer in Hot Toddies for sore throat. That'd be dark rum, hot water and sugar. Sometimes a shot of lemon too which I guess makes it a warm Cuba Libre.
After two or three of them, he still has a sore throat. But he doesn't care.
ronnie
Thanks Mom! Perhaps after I have one of these, I won't care if I'm ill.
ReplyDeleteI have some glass jars in the house but am fresh outta Mason jars. They just aren't available here. Old Helmans jar is going to have to do.
I went and got myself some chicken soup and crackers and 7up. Its what you used to give me when I was poorly.
Now with this recipe, I'll have something to wash it all down.
Wesley tends to treat his flus with thereflu powder mixed with half water, half whiskey. It works and he sure is hella interesting to be around. Heh.
ReplyDeletePeggy:
ReplyDeletei doubt you'll care about ur thro't if you get around one of these. take care, sweetheart....
Ronnie:
i think the illnesses were just an excuse to get soused. not that I'm pointing any fingers....
Eryn:
i know! wesley's one of the boys from the recipe!!!
Expect you're well now, but how about a little hot tea and honey? Couldn't a bit of bourbon or scotch be added? I have no idea how it would taste, I just came up with that combination, though the tea and honey has been great for my throat.
ReplyDeleteWow! I just got a bunch of new cold remedies!
ReplyDeleteIf that doesn't cure you, X, I don't know what will!
kay dennison:
ReplyDeletelaughter is the best medicine...i just split my gut over "the liberation of paris hilton" on dave barry's blog, which i saw for the first time today, thanks to your rambling through funny blogs. i wasn't ailing before i saw it, but i'm all better anyway.
joared:
ReplyDeletenothin' like tea & honey & a little bit o' booze....i'm sure the scots have a drink like this. i just don't know the name....
Hot Toddy par excellence!
ReplyDelete1 ounce Whiskey (Scotch is OK)
1 ounce Honey
1 ounce Lemon Juice
3 ounces Water (Hot)
If you have a microwave, the easiest way to make this drink is to warm the honey and lemon juice for about half a minute and then to add hot water and the whiskey. Otherwise, stir the honey and lemon juice into extremely warm water, allow it to cool slightly, and add the whiskey.
I wish I had a sore throat, I'd make one RIGHT NOW!
I havent commented for a while, been busy doing calligraphy addresses for the wedding invitations, no time to blog!
ex-s:
ReplyDeletedoing calligraphy addresses for wedding invitations is the same as having a sore throat. go have a hot toddy par excellence right now!