Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Very Merry Christmas!!


Joyeux Noel, etc., from the little condo on Q Street NW. This Christmas Eve found me scrambling around for last-minute pressies to take to Rachael & Matt's tomorrow and realizing I did NOT have a tree--again. I was quite sure I had an artificial tree in the basement storage area, but non...it was just a tree stand, which requires an actual Christmas tree.

So I went back upstairs and got out the ladder again, wrapped it in lights, dashed to The Sixth Day, a wonderful, accommodating, and ecologically perfect flower shop on the corner of P and 21st that is going out of business next month (thanks to the enormous increases in shop rent here in DC). I bought two gorgeous poinsettias and one cyclamen--the one on the top of the ladder--and installed them on the wee tower of lights.

The result? A joyous celebration of the mundane: a step ladder, three plants, two strings of lights.

Merry Christmas to all!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:25 PM

    looks terrific! and very merry!

    Joy and peace!

    --The DN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:49 PM

    Merry Christmas Mom!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:12 PM

    It looks boooootiful. One of the nicest trees in GT.

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.