Recently I got some advice on how to retire successfully (i.e., to survive beyond the first couple of years or so during which many retirees just die from boredom). My advisor even wrote out a cheat sheet for me. Here it is:
#1. Stay engaged. This means stay engaged with LIFE, not engaged to SOMEBODY, although I would think that might take care of the first notion, too. Kill two birds with one stone.
#2. Go where you are needed. I'm so happy to know this. This solves all my problems. All I need to do is sign on as a permanent volunteer to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and longevity is mine!
#3. Connect with people. See #2
#4. Maintain/develop a sense of personal power. There's always a trick.
You've always been so busy, I am surprised that you've had time to squeeze in a job! You'll handle retirement with ease, I am sure!
ReplyDeletehaha...oh, well...
ReplyDelete...and a fine glass of red wine every night Peggy's mom!
ReplyDeletePeggy: yeah, you're right...after i quit gallaudet, i'll still have to scramble for a living. but i'm gonna have more fun, this time.
ReplyDeleteSally: Only $5 million?? An excellent choice to start saving by cutting out his fees.
Mad Cabbie:
You're back! Oh, I have, I do, I shall have an excellent glass of red wine every night. well, maybe not excellent, but pretty dang good!