Monday, July 10, 2006

Dear J. K. Rowling

Dear Ms. Rowling....Your superb books have entertained me more than almost anything I've read over the past...oh...50 years or so. Maybe Robertson Davies's Deptford Trilogy was surprising and wonderful, also, but Harry Potter in his closet under the stairs hooked me in from book #1. I IDENTIFIED with Harry, and I fell in love with the Weasleys, Hermione, Hagrid, and his other newfound Hogwarts family. To cut this short, I'm writing to plead with you not to kill off Harry--or anyone we like. I went through BAMBI's loss of his mother in the Walt Disney film. Too horrible! I'm almost 70, and I won't be around for another 70, so please....don't kill off Harry. Let him live and grow in future readers' imaginations. Why not bid goodbye to Dumbledore? It's time for him to shuffle off.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, she already killed off Dumbledore. It happened near the end of the last book. Now I've just ruined it for you. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that drippy character on the sitcom back in the 80s/90s....steve was his name...and how he was always saying "well, i knew that!!!"

    gee....who else is left to kill off? how bout the fat kid, harry's cousin?

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.