Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Links to Enjoy

Welcome to Whoopee, Vetmommy, and the Iceland Traffic Webcams. Feel free to visit these unique blogs, which I found in my travels online.

I discovered Whoopee when I clicked "Funniest Blog" on some listing and got connected to (yes, it is) a very funny blog by a young woman in London. It helps that she has a toddler and a great eye for photography.

Vetmommy is the creation of another young woman who is a mommy--and also a veterinarian. I forwarded it to my niece Lu, who is very much into dogs, dog care, and care dogs (which she trains). I love "Puppy See, Puppy Do," a recent post on Lu's blog. It shows a photo Lu took of one of her pupils....after two days of simply watching an older dog go through the paces of getting fed (fetching one's own bowl may be a part of a care dog's routine), the puppy caught on just like that. Smart little mutt.

And the Iceland Traffic Webcams? Well, this past week I saw another list of U.S. cities with the most congested traffic, and guess which town was at the top? You're right....Washington, D.C., home of traffic scofflaws supreme. These Iceland traffic webcam sights are very restful if not exactly side-splitting.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing what you can find when internet surfing. I loved those blogs. Always good to check out other people's children abd other people's dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am another dog lover-el busho hater.

    Love your blog.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Whoopee" is absofreakinglutely hilarious. Thanks for turning me on to it. I'm going to post about it on my blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ex-shammy...glad you liked these. but i keep looking for something to console those among us who, while they like dogs well enough and take good care of them when they are entrusted to us, are not batshit over the moon crazy about them. surely there must be something amusing along these lines....and i do not rule out other pets, either. i think i am just not a pet person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:56 PM

    cathryn: congratulations on solving the mystery of commenting...including signing your name! many thanks

    ronnie: wot does "naff" mean? you are prettyfreakinfunny your own self...although you do most of ur funniest stuff under mojo's nom de plume....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree.
    It's fun to have a dog (aka Tessa) for a few days, but it's even more fun when the little bugger goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:38 PM

    ex-shammy: thanks be i am not alone. the whole world seems full of dog worshippers. note i did not call them dog lovers. i count myself among the latter, but i'm definitely not among the former.

    ReplyDelete

XE welcomes your comments. Spam and offensive material will not be posted and will be deleted.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.