(Is that title even grammatical? One of this former editor's hobbies is playing with language--including misspeling, odd syntax, and wotever else appeals.)
1) Among my many books is Cooking for One by Nancy Creech. It's got just about any recipe I want to make and in portions that mean I won't be eating it nonstop for three days. Today it's applesauce, since I bought three Granny Smith apples t'other day at WF, and well, if I don't make it today, the apples will begin to shrivel. Not so much the Granny Smiths, though. They're quite sturdy. This recipe takes about 10 minutes (after you get the apples peeled & chopped), and I'm
looking forward to having this tonight after it sits a while. I did NOT add the raisins called for, since I don't really like raisins in applesauce. This, to me, is THE joy of cooking. You can cook what you like and in the way you like it.
2) The painting I want to do came to me in a dream last night. And since my benefactor wants
the colors of dusty rose and pale blue, that's what I'm gonna do the whole thing in. Save for a
few terra-cotta pots, green foliage, and pink flowers. There is hardly any sunshine in the scene except
where it sneaks in up at one corner. A challenge.
1) That recipe does not produce enough JUICE to suit me. I grew up dining on home-canned applesauce that had lots of glorious juice. Looks kinda gummy.
1) I was saying yesterday how much I like not eating until 11 a.m.--"I can eat anything I want until 7 pm, and I love it." The g.f. said "But you don't know that's good for you!" And I said I never claimed it was good for me, only that I like it. And she said, "Well, your pants are falling off without dieting, so I guess I should keep my mouth shut."
2) Also, I am having long, elaborate dreams about important things, and that hasn't happened in a long time. Is that an UP? meh.....