What I like about the blog is not that she's deaf, but the question on her home page. It's a question I've seen on the same feel-good newsletter earlier this year: "What are the 5 most beautiful things in front of you right now?"
And I'll go ahead and answer this:
1. The photo of my Irish friend Jo's birthday party at the Tombs 12 years ago (heh...we both looked good, Jo!!)
2. The map of the world from Doctors Wthout Borders. It's up to date!!
3. My dad's old magnifying glass, without which I could not read the fine points of the map in #2.
4. The jug of wine Sally brought for my birthday gig. Still more or less untouched, waiting for me to gather the ingredients for coq au vin or boeuf bourguignon. Soon, soon.
5. A teacup with scenes from Beatrix Potter's 'Peter Rabbit."
Be all that as it may, I'm doing this because I want to make this post set the tone for chez carew here. Why? I got another favorite news digest this morning, this one from FlyLady: "When Words Fail Us". FL sez:
You set the tone for your home. Put on some wholesome television, wonderful music, or go for a walk. You have to take care of yourself, too.Yes, it really does say "wholesome television"...but I'll skip the cynicism for today. I'm just trying to BE HERE NOW. So....if I can find five things of beauty among the clutter on & around the wee kitchen table upon which I'm using my laptop, you can do the same right where you are. Enjoy!