Yeah, I Could Do That
I have decided that I really want to be a member of the idle rich.
I have not come to this decision lightly; no, I have given it a lot of thought and I have realized that I have all of the qualifications, to wit:
* I enjoy sitting on my ass.
* I am quite willing to let other people shampoo my hair, massage my back, and scrape the calluses off my feet.
* I float on rafts really well, especially if there is a cold sparkling beverage in my hand.
* I look great in big sunglasses.
* And expensive clothes.
* I could get used to being driven around in a big comfortable car quite easily.
* Or sedan chair, upholstered in silk with big poofy pillows.
* I am quite capable of telling other people how to clean my spacious house that is full of the Latest Things.
* Gourmet food? Love it. No problems there, especially since someone else would cook it for me, unless I wanted to make a BLT for myself.
* With artisanal bacon and excellent bread and fabulous homegrown tomatoes.
* Grown in my extensive organic vegetable garden by my hot gardener.
* Which is behind the Olympic pool and hot tub.
* Next to the cabana.
* Which is maintained by the cabana boy(s).
* Anyway! I'm highly skilled at delegating and critiquing and demanding (but in a nice way), especially if it means that I don't have to do any of it, which seems to be a main requirement for being idly rich.
Now I just need to figure out how to join...
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Nice Thing About Being Retired.....
...So far, anyway, is that I'm having lots of time to sit around reading blogs whilst waiting for relays of realtors to arrive. I found this goody over at Red Nose. I think I could get the hang of this without any trouble at all: